Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Welcome to the art room!

This year, I made a few changes to the set-up of the art room. I changed the rows of tables into table groups separated by different colors. I also am now able to take advantage of my smart board which is also my white board.



Each week I will have different learning goals for my students. I will write about what each grade will accomplish that week.


If you walk into the classroom from the door, this is what you will see!


I have wind chimes which I ring when I am looking for the students' attention. Once students hear the wind chimes, they will stop and "Give me Five" which means that eyes are on the speaker, mouths are quiet, ears are listening, hands are free, and bodies are still.


 Each student also has an art room job. There are numbers at each table spot so that the tables can work as a team to gather supplies for the day, collect supplies, clean tables, and help with directions. The teacher helper at each table will listen extra carefully because if someone has a question about the directions, they will first ask the teacher helper before asking me.


 Here are some art classroom rules! These are posted on the white board for all students to see.


I also have an art room voice level chart which I use for different noise levels I want in my classroom depending on which project we are working on. Recess voice in the art room is never okay!


Here is the sink area and drying rack. I have a sign that helps students understand how to wash their hands and how to place brushes back where they belong.


 Here is the view from the sink looking at the door! I have a lot of supplies which I keep in shelves around the classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment