Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Welcome Back!

Welcome back everyone! I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing summer. It has been so nice to see excited and familiar faces at Byam today.

While I was not at Byam this summer, I stayed busy by taking graduate classes at Framingham State University. In July I took an Encaustic Painting class. We used a hot plate (shown below) and wax pigment to paint with. This was difficult because once the paint brushes left the hot surface with the wax pigment, you had to act quickly and make a mark on your board because the wax dried in about 5 seconds.


Here are some paintings I made during the course!



This summer I also visited a few museums and taught several classes at the Danforth Art Museum. Here are some different projects we made below. I am looking forward to bringing some of these new ideas and techniques to Byam this year. 










No comments:

Post a Comment