Sunday, June 29, 2014

Grade 2 Boston Marathon Collage

During April Vacation I taught a class at the Danforth Museum. Since the Boston Marathon was also happening that week, I decided to create a lesson based on the Marathon. My students and I discussed the importance of this Marathon and the history of the race. 

First we looked at the Boston City Skyline and talked about perspective lines, value, and space. 

Next we practiced drawing our own 3-D  buildings on white paper 

After we cut up light and dark pieces of newspaper for our buildings. 

And colored the sky in the background 

Next it was time to glue everything down! We added some green paper from magazines for the trees and a boardwalk as well. I also talked about parts of the landscape such as foreground, middle ground, background, and the horizon line. 


No comments:

Post a Comment