Monday, June 30, 2014

Grade 3 Jackson Pollock Splatter Painting

My students and I discussed the technique Jackson Pollock used while painting and learned about his background as an artist. We talked about the action and the process of painting as well as the end result. During this project, I helped my students to think about the whole composition and how to change where they were standing and the motion they made with their brushes to get a different effect. We also used smaller and larger brushes to add variety to the brush strokes. This was done all with watercolor paints, both metallic and glitter! 

I first placed a large white paper down on the floor and then added a 9 x 9 piece of paper for each child on top. 


Students enjoyed seeing the end result when they picked up their piece of paper to leave a print behind. 


The results ended up being very different as the students each used different watercolors and techniques of splatter painting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment